Purchasing a tree is a lifelong investment. When you buy a high-quality tree, plant it correctly and treat it properly, you and your tree will benefit greatly in many ways for many years.
Planting the right tree in the right place is one of the most important decisions a home owner makes when landscaping a new home or replacing a tree lost to damage or disease. This investment depends on the type of tree selected, the planting location, the care provided during planting and the follow-up care after planting. When you buy a low-quality tree, you and your tree will have many costly problems even if you take great care in planting and maintenance.
When selecting your new tree;
• Consider why you are planting this tree and what you want it to do for you. Is it for shade, screening, wind break, colour or fruit production?
• Consider the size and the location of the planting site. Ample growing space for your tree is as important as the planting hole you create for your new tree.
• Consider what type of soil conditions that exist and what type of maintenance you willing to provide. The investment you are making also requires an investment in professional care.
• Choose a tree that has a strong form, sound roots to support healthy growth and is free of wounds.
• Plant the tree at the correct depth in a shallow, broad planting hole. Make sure your tree is straight as you firmly backfill the hole. Water your new tree at least once a week.
Considering most trees have the potential to outlive the people who plant them, the impact of this decision is one that can influence a lifetime. Contact Four Seasons Tree Care as we consider the planting of a tree to be a gift to future generations.